The last release was accompanied by a request for help and interest from the community. I got quite a number of replies and I've added quite a few developers to the project. There are now 14 members in total and we have testers, programmers and consultants or mentors.
The efforts will be spread among multiple modules and also in the area of understanding the project and improving the main issue management module.
I'll keep everyone posted on other developments through this blog!
Some comments came in after the last release. As I don't have Windows on any system here, the script failed for a number of new modules that were added. I have now used a virtual machine to verify the install scripts and things should be fine now.
Other enhancements to this release are XSS-attacks (there were 3 actual holes in reality, the others were not any issue), caching which is related to the latest 1.4 RC1 release and how GWT things were changed, a new report for timesheets and a couple of bugfixes overall.
I had to forcefully make some time free to get all the features and some bugs implemented to make the next release. This 1.3.0 release is quite a bit of a landmark release. The layout and color scheme should be much better and consistent.
Timesheet and Scrum task management have had a couple of updates and improvements to them. Someone at some point in time also requested an administration module so that it wasn't longer necessary to update everything directly through the database. This is also added now, but it will have to get more features and improvements in the future.
I spent a good deal to improve the inspections. Binary files didn't work. The inspection module has also been separated from the Dune core part. This allows people for example to customize things easier and allow for inspections without CR (Dune) integration (and a bit of work).
See the release notes for full information of the CR's resolved in this release:
The DuneWrite module is still ongoing, but I focused on ironing out wrinkles on existing parts first. Now that this is out of the way and I seem to be getting some more time now, I think it's time to look at other things in the project. I have a holiday coming up, about a month, so you could expect a couple of more releases and updates then.